1. Preparation of certified doctors and dentists in training through providing practice-oriented higher education with certified doctors and dentists in training;
Introduction of Students with the Principle of Continuous Education;
2. Cooperation with other educational and research institutions as well as with professional associations; in order to promote and encourage international mobility of Students and Academic Staff;
Organizing and conducting scientific research; Integrating closely Learning Process with Scientific Activities; Development of International research activities in TMA;
3. Development of long-term partnerships with Strategic Partners, Affiliated Clinical and Scientific Institutions and provision of continuing cooperation;
4. Optimization of TMA structure;
5. Modernization of material-technical base in accordance to international standards and requirements;
6. Ensuring transparence and publicity of management and competition;
7. Elaborating and integrating Education Quality Management System in accordance to international standards and requirements
1. TMA has more than 1600 graduates, most of which run successful careers in clinics and pharmaceutical companies both in Georgia, Europe and Internationally.
2. More than 50 scholars have successfully completed their PhD studies and obtained Doctoral Degree.
3. Since 2004, TMA is member of IMED-FAIMER World Directory of Medical Schools.
4. From 2010 TMA is running Postgraduate Development Programs (Residency) for Georgian students in following specializations: Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dermatovenerology, Medical Radiology, Sports 5. Medicine, Rehabitology and Balneology. Studies are conducted in Georgian language.
6. TMA has centers for teaching clinical skills and student’s scientific development. On the regular basis, TMA is running Students Scientific Conferences and Debates with participation of students from 7. TMA and other Georgian Universities.
7. TMA has organized three international conferences: 1. Medical Rehabilitation and Therapeutic Riding, 2. Diagnostics, Prevention, Treatment and Rehabilitation of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Related Motoric, Behavioral and Social Disorders; 3. Foundations of Nutrition and Food Safety.
8. TMA has bilateral agreements with leading Universities of Turkey, University of Lund (Sweden), University of Oldenburg (Germany), University of Vilnius and University of Klaipeda (Lithuania) and others.
9.TMA is aiming on further development of international collaborations and promotes internationalization.
Rector Message :
From its humble beginnings in 1992, Tbilisi Medical Academy is one the first private medical schools in the history of independent Georgia. For almost 25 years, Tbilisi Medical Academy is one of the pioneers of medical education in Georgia, and remains to be one of the most competitive and dynamically developing institution. During these years we have trained hundreds of successful physicians who currently work in the leading clinics in Georgia and abroad.
In capital of Georgia, where east meets west, we at Tbilisi Medical Academy exercise the best values of our culture: hospitality, equality and integrity. At the Academy we try our best to create student centered environment for our students, suitable for the studies of international quality. The study process closely follows latest updates of higher medical education and offers students dynamically improving facilities and learning process.
During this period, we have trained hundreds of successful physicians who currently work in the leading clinics and healthcare organizations in Georgia and Abroad. At Tbilisi Medical Academy, we have a student centered orientation, where quality of education is the keystone.We are open to dialog, listening to the voices of the students and keep up to date with their needs. Being devoted to teaching, we are wide open to international cooperation in education and research. Founded by my Father, notorious physician and one of the pioneers of pediatric surgery in Georgia, Tbilisi Medical Academy proudly carries name of Prof Petre Shotadze. Here with traditional values we have created multinational, friendly environment for our students and are working for better future in a world of global challenges. I am proud to be a part of institution with such a diverse community of people who strive every day to improve and save the life of others. I am delighted to welcome you to Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy and wish you successful academic career.
International Collaboration with Partner Organizations
Tbilisi Medical academy is accredited, recognized and listed with
Medical Council of India (MCI)
Association of Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
European Medical Students Association (EMSA)
International Directory of Medical Education (FAIMER)
World Health Organization – (WHO AVICENNA)
The Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE)
Tbilisi Medical Academy aims to provide high quality education through internalization and establish international academic reputation through engagement in academic and research processes with strategic partners of the Academy, while retaining its core values of equality and equity.
Being part of ERASMUS+ and MEVLANA exchange programs, Tbilisi Medical Academy is proud of existing connections with some of leading European Universities and aspires to extend network.
Partner Universities in the frames of Bilateral Agreements:
University of Klaipeda (Lithuania)
Oldenburg University (Germany)
Gothenburg University (Sweden)
Lund University (Sweden)
Hacettepe University (Turkey)
Dicle University (Turkey)
Acibadem University (Turkey)
Madrid Open University (Spain)
University of Vilnius (Lithuania)
Partner Universities within international projects
University of Westminster (Great Britain)
University of Chester (Great Britain)
University of Ferrara (Italy)
University of Perugia (Italy)
University of Rome II “Tor Vergata” (UNITOV) (Italy)
University of Murcia (Spain)